I've written massive amounts about "fearmongering" by the media in this country.
But it seems like recently, the media is having trouble distinguishing what are things that are really dangerous, and infotainment "fake dangers" ala FoxNews.
So here's a handy list for you:
Things Not to Worry About:
- Serial Killers
- SARS/Swine Flu/Ebola/Airborne AIDS/Bedbugs
- Secret Muslims
- Fluoride in Drinking Water
- Plane Crashes
- Your FDIC Insured Bank Failing
- Civil Unions in Nevada or any state
- Wind Turbines Lowering Your Property Values
- Yellowstone Exploding
- Crashing Your Car While Talking on the Phone
- Getting a $4000 Phone Bill from Texting
- Getting Heart Disease from eating an 80% Fat Diet
- Anti-Human Rights American Intolerance
- Our Culture Remaining Addicted to Oil
- Believing What You See on TV, talk radio, the papers or Zeke Says So blog.