OK. I assume you've read yesterday's "background" of this issue. No? The go read it HERE first.
Here are some theories we've been kicking around down at the Bar:
- All About Harry - Since the Early Caucus was Reid's idea, the GOP is avoiding the State and it's huge Swing State Prize in an attempt to crush Harry's dreams. GRADE: Possible
- The GOP Are Dumb - Although many down here at ZSS Inc believe this, their is NO WAY the GOP thinktanker have not noticed the need for Obama to win NV to be reelected. GRADE: Not Likely.
- Market Driven Grassroots - God knows the supply-sider conservatives think markets can do anything. But do they really think a successful Caucus and organized volunteer base will simply manifest itself magically, without SOME kind of planning? GRADE: Probable
- We Hate Mormons - In Nevada, bet on the Mormon. Mitt Romney is gonna win here again. There is no doubt. Does the heavy Evangelical oriented RNC leadership want to downplay the enviable LDS-led outcome in Nevada? GRADE: Smells true
- Viva Nevada! - Is it possible that the GOP ThinkTankers are simply looking down the road at an unwinnable Latino heavy Nevada, and preemptively writing off the Silver State usefulness? GRADE: Posssible
- Slow Advisers At Play- Conservates don't like change. That is literally why they call themselves that. Is it possible that their base political orientation is disallowing them to move on a clear opportunity like building a groundswell on the cheap in a swing state? GRADE: Might be part of it.
- Fear of Pronouncement Errors - Are the GOPers afraid of accidental mispronouncing "Nevada" and being ridiculed by pitchfork wielding locals? GRADE; No, This is The Joke at the End of the Post™.