Monday, September 29, 2008

Obvious to Zeke

Maybe it's just me. I am after all just a poor blue-collar working stiff, but do the news media and general public understand what this bailout is supposed to be?

The bailout itself has nothing to do with actually saving companies, and is only really designed to make potential investors feel good about investing in companies and the stock market in general.

I mean we all know the stock market and stock prices have nothing to do with the actual value of companies, but is just a giant popularity contest. A company stock is like a beauty pageant contestant, or political candidate I guess. So in a sense this bailout is nothing but an Extreme Makeover show, designed to dress up a bad situation with a positive light.

Now that the public and Congress have rejected the makeover, Zeke ain't expecting good things to happen. I would bet that the market will drop a thousand points in the next couple hours.

You heard it here first.

1 comment:

  1. Born in 1950, I took great notes when my elders described living through the great depression.
    I'm ready.

    Because, we are there again and now we all will have to live very differently.

    Which, in the end, may be just the thing we need!

    Karma. That's what this is all about.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers will be hunted down and killed. You have been warned.